Our Pick of the Best Retirement Gifts for Men and Women
Retirement… did you imagine the day would ever come? Freedom from the daily grind of a 9 to 5 job is a welcome event, for most people anyway. When an employee of yours is retiring you want to give them a retirement gift that rewards them for all their hard work. And serve as a mark of their achievements. Finding the best retirement gifts isn’t always easy, but for the retiree and other employees it’s important to make the effort, as it clearly shows how much you care about the people working for you.
There are heaps of great retirement gifts, and the choice is as varied as the people you might be buying the gift for. With your determination, and the help of us here at corporateretirementgifts.com, we’ll make the task of choosing the best, a walk in the park.
The best retirement gifts for men
Bear in mind the nature of the man’s job, his interests, hobbies and personality when looking for the best retirement gifts. Consider one of the following:
- Business accessories – Business card cases and pens make great gifts for the man who isn’t quite ready to hang up his briefcase forever, and plans to continue in business, but only part time. Card cases can be made out of wood, such as mahogany, silver or gold. They can be made more individual with a touch of personalization. Pens make good retirement gifts and can also be engraved for a more personal gift.
- Time pieces – Time pieces, either in the form of a clock, watch or pocket watch, make excellent gifts for the retiring man. A clock reflects the time a man has dedicated to working and will show your appreciation for all his hard work. Clocks are easy items to be personalized with the retiree’s name and date of his retirement.
- Personalized keepsakes – Men have a sentimental side, even though it might not be allowed to come to the surface too often, so a personalized keepsake will be a gift that’s treasured for years. Executives, business owners, or professional people might like to receive a plaque or trophy, pendant, or personalized paperweight.
The best retirement gifts for women
- Gifts of indulgence – When a women has worked long and hard to reach retirement treat them with a gift that brings relaxation, rest, and indulgence. Give her a spa gift certificate, gift basket filled with tasty treats, massage kit, or beauty treatments. With the right kind of indulgence she’ll soon feel the stress melting away.
- Travel accessories – It’s a pretty safe bet that many female retirees will be planning to undertake more travel. Accessories that will be used on her journeys such as leather passport holder, book of maps, travel guides, luggage tags or monogrammed travel bags are excellent gifts that won’t leave a dent in your checking account.
- Personalized keepsakes – Give her a keepsake box, and engrave it with a meaningful message. Available in a number of different materials such as wood, silver, gold, glass or acrylic, a keepsake box will be perfect for filling with special souvenirs.
The best retirement presents for the hobbyist
If they haven’t already got a hobby, it won’t be long before they find one. Which is brilliant for the person looking to buy a retirement gift.
- For gardeners – Many retirees will take up gardening as a hobby. It’s a great way to keep fit and unwind. Buy a set of gardening tools, comfortable seat for the garden, personalized planters, or something they can plant and enjoy for many seasons.
- For golfers – Give the retiree a golf gift package on their retirement. Or why not surprise them with a gold dipped golf ball and tee set?
- For foodies – There are wine of the month clubs you could enrol them in, restaurant tasting events, cooking classes, or splash out and hire a chef for the day.
Jewelry is popular as a retirement gift for mom
Jewelry has and always will be a popular gift for moms. Just because she’s retiring doesn’t mean it’s still not relevant. Pearl necklaces, silver bracelets, earrings, and gold cufflinks as a retirement gift for dad, will go down a treat. This type of gift is best for a person you know very well, and you should choose something that reflects the personality of the recipient.
There are many people who have dedicated their working life to a particular profession, such as teachers or the military. Giving a gift that relates to such an important job doesn’t make it any easier.
The best retirement gifts for a teacher
Get on teacher’s good side by giving them an apple for a retirement gift. Not a real one of course, but one that’s made from silver or gold, and includes a meaningful inscription. Does the teacher have a saying that is regularly shared with pupils? Have it engraved onto a mug, bag, or t-shirt for the world to see. Popular gifts for retiring teachers include journals, pen and desk sets, and personalized planters for their garden. The sky’s the limit when it comes to buying a retirement gift for your favorite teacher.
The best retirement presents for military personnel
It’s only fitting that the men and women who serve their country in the armed forces are given a gift that reflects their patriotism. Give the retiree a globe that has had all the places they’ve been stationed and served in marked on it. An inspirational message engraved onto a plaque will also show appreciation for the work they have done for their country. If you’d prefer something more personal, consider a set of gold or silver dog tags, as an everlasting memory of their time in the military.
Finding the best retirement gift is as difficult or easy as you want to make it. Now you’ve found your way here, you’re already part way there. With a few great ideas under your belt the task will be even simpler. Don’t forget to keep paying our site a visit, because we’ll regularly update it with new and interesting ideas.