Is your dad soon to be retiring, after a long and successful career? Is he looking forward to having more free time? Or is he worried that his life will be over? Are you wondering whether there is anything you can do to help? Are you simply wondering about your options, when it comes to picking a retirement gift for your dad?
How many times have you struggled when picking him a gift? This year it’s going to be different, because we’re here to help. And you’ll be pleased to know that anything really, as long as it suits his personality and interests, will be a hit with your dad.
What does retirement mean for your dad?
Retirement is a phase in life that should be free of worry. No fear of being late for work. No worries about deadlines to meet, or having to slog day after day to earn a crust. And many other things he had to worry about when working can now be forgotten.
Your dad will have worked tirelessly for many years, to give you, your mom, and your siblings the life you deserve. Now he’s retiring it’s time for you all to give back your love and support. Give your dad a retirement gift he’ll treasure, as it’ll be a sign of the love and affection you all feel for him. A dad’s retirement gift should also be a gift that perfectly compliments his taste, style, and preferences.
If you’re still scratching your head read on and consider one of the following suggestions.
- Retirement gifts that relate to his hobbies – There are some interesting gift options if your dad enjoys a particular hobby or interest. Say, for example he loves a round of golf. Give him a gift coupon for his favorite golf course, or pick a gold dipped golf ball and tee set to decorate his home. Does your dad enjoy gardening, because it gives him the opportunity to relax? Some gardening tools or a relaxing garden chair will be gifts that are right up his street.
Display 24k Gold-Dipped Golf Ball
- Golf ball and tee both dipped in 24k gold
- Perfect compliment to any golfer's trophy shelf
- The golf ball is ideal for mounting on a trophy
24k Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- Full-size playable deck of poker cards including both jokers
- Produced to tournament grade standards
- They are used in casino high-roller rooms
- Give him a vacation or two – Does your dad enjoy travelling? Is he planning to explore lots of new places now he’s retired? Organize a vacation so he can go where he’s always wanted to, now there is more time to relax. Make all the arrangements so your dad doesn’t have to worry about a thing. All he’ll have to do is pack his bag, and then sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Sporting gifts for the retiring dad – If your dad has a favorite sport there are going to be lots of gift options. If he has a favorite team you could buy him season tickets. Sporting memorabilia, such as branded t shirts, sweaters, and hats will be suitable gifts as well. If he prefers to participate, rather than sit on the sidelines, buy him some new sporting gear. Your dad may be planning to spend more time hiking, in which case make sure he’s well-equipped with a good book of maps and a compass.
- Retirement gifts that are personalized will always be special – Place a favorite photograph in a personalized frame, give him a watch with a meaningful engraving, or pick a set of beer mugs and have them engraved. Think of any kind of gift, and its highly likely that you’ll be able to make it more special, by adding some form of personalization.
- It’s never to late to enjoy receiving the latest gadgets – Does your dad want to enjoy all that’s on offer from the latest gadgets, now he’s got more time on his hands? Buy him the latest smartphone, laptop, tablet, or games console, so he can keep up with the grandkids, and doesn’t feel left behind.
These are just a few ideas you could find useful if you’re looking for a retirement gift for your dad. We’d love to hear from if you know of a gift that is worth sharing with all our readers.
There is one more gift idea that we think is worth a mention…
The best retirement gift of all is to give him more time
There is little enough precious time in today’s modern world, so it’s important that we do as much as we can with the little we have. Gifting your dad more of your time, attention, and appreciation will really melt his heart. Your dad is getting older, and you might not have realized he could do with some help. Possibly because he has been too reluctant to admit it.
The greatest gift of all time is to give him help with all those odd jobs that have been piling up for months. Give his home an almighty spring clean, clean the gutters, or offer to cut the lawn every week.
Talk to your dad about some of the special moments you’ve enjoyed together, and see if it’s possible to recreate them. Take him on a picnic to the park where you spent many Sunday afternoons together, or walk along the river where he first took you fishing.
Take a look online and see if there are any events taking place that you can enjoy together.
Write him a letter and express your feelings. How much you love him, how proud you are of his years of hard work, and how you are looking forward to spending more time together.
Why not bring a big smile to his face and invite him round for dinner? Serve up his favorite dishes, and he’ll know how much love and care you put into the menu.
You only have one dad, and now that he’s retiring it’s time for you to step up and ensure he gets all the relaxation, fun, excitement, and adventure that he needs. We hope our ideas have been helpful, and that your dad’s retirement gift bowls him over. If you’re still stumped for ideas then keep on reading. Because our gift ideas will keep on coming.