When you give a gift to someone you want it to be more than just another item left to gather dust on a shelf. If you’ve chosen to give a gift to someone to mark their retirement you want it to be a celebration of this happy time in their life. Above all you want your gift to be the one that stands out from all the rest and is cherished for many years to come. Finding unique retirement gifts for men and women isn’t the easiest of tasks, but when you find it you can be certain the recipient will be very happy.
Retirement is definitely a milestone event, it only comes around once and should reward the retiree for all their hard work and achievements. Freedom from the daily grind of work, time to rest and enjoy the fruits of previous hard labor is a life event that should be filled with joy. Finding unique retirement gifts for her and for him is an important undertaking and requires the utmost care. Not every retiree looks on retirement with pleasure. Some will be feeling very confused about this new chapter in their life. All the more reason to find the right gift.
There are many retirement gifts to choose from, whether you’re looking for a gift for your mom, or a gift for your dad, or any other special person. Finding the perfect gift will be easy with a little know-how and determination. The last is all down to you, but we can help with some unique retirement gift ideas.
Unique retirement gifts for women
The female retiree will be receiving lots of cards to send them on their way, but there is a way you can ensure your card lasts longer than any other. A greetings card made using ceramic will still be held precious, long after any paper cards have found their way to the trash can. Some are so beautiful, intricate and delicate that they will be given pride of place. Beautifully decorated glassware with the retirees name engraved on it will always be a one of a kind gift. Another unusual retirement gift for her would be a bone china decorated plate. If there is a group of you pooling your money consider a plate you can all sign.
Blue Glazed Rose Pendant in 24k Gold
- This chic pendant is in classic leaf theme
- Created from blue miniature rose petals
- Finished with a generous layer of 24k gold
Gold Rose Without Display Case
- A natural rose dipped in 24 karat gold
- Combines the beauty of a rose and the majesty of fine gold
- Presented with a certificate of authenticity
Unique retirement gifts for men
A lot of male retirees will be looking forward to more time on the golf course. He might not need a new set of golf clubs, but there are a number of other unique retirement gifts for him to choose from. Consider giving him a gold dipped golf ball and tee set. If his handicap is good enough you might want to risk giving him a set that’s playable. On the other hand you might be better off giving him a set that’s for display only. Is the retiree a lover of sailing? Give him a bag made out of old sails. A popular retirement gift for a man is a pocket watch. Made of gold if you want to make a lasting impression. A personalized garden trowel and fork set will ensure he’s well equipped for pottering in his garden. An engraved stainless steel vacuum flask for the hours he spends fishing. Or a personalised scratch map of the world, so he can plan future travels.
Unique retirement gifts that work well for both men and women
Retirement is a time for relaxing, so a retirement gift that gives the retiree more opportunities for this will be well received. Buy a massage chair, or personal massaging device, so the retiree can savor every spare moment. Why not consider a personalized jigsaw puzzle of their house? Once the puzzle has been completed it can be framed and hung on the wall. Did you know you can buy a gift that names a rose after the person retiring? They will receive a unique pack of rose seeds, with their own name, and enjoy watching them grow into a rose bush that will be cherished forever.
The gift of an experience will always be a unique retirement gift
By the time retirement comes around is there really a need for a gift that will add to the clutter in the retirees already full homr? Why not give them a unique retirement gift in the form of an experience? Rather than having something tangible to remind them of the occasion, they will have fond memories instead. Here’s a handy list of some of the experiences available:
- A chocolate experience – Ranging from chocolate tours to truffle making classes this experience is a sweet choice for lovers of chocolate. Which honestly makes it a gift that will suit most.
- Flying lessons – Lift their spirits and show how much you care with the gift of a flying lesson. An unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience that might leave them wanting more.
- An arty experience – If the retiree is the creative type, and there are plenty of them, there are a wide range of creative experiences to choose from. Knitting lessons, painting classes, pottery lessons, or a ceramics class, are just a few examples. You might even consider music or dancing lessons for the retiree.
- Adrenaline-fuelled experiences – Do you think of the retiree as a speed junky, or adrenaline chaser? The perfect driving experience will have you in first place when it comes to the best retirement gifts. On offer are stockcar short track rides, racecar speedway ride alongs, NASCAR driving experiences. off roading adventures, dragster fantasy rides, and a whole lot more.
Most of these experiences are available wherever you might be located. Take a look on online and you’ll be able to find out the experiences on offer in your area.
Finding the right retirement gift doesn’t have to be difficult. But putting in some effort and rewarding the retiree for all their years of hard work is a great way of showing appreciation. The gift you choose should be a reflection of their personality and interests, and also the quality of their work and professionalism.